Pandemic Personalities

If you want to have an NSFW chat, go here. The rules of the board still apply, so ... get consent. It's important.
fduncan

Pandemic Personalities

Post by fduncan »

Personality #1: Supporter of the Arts.
Identifying characteristics: Obsessively tracking giant robot (https://www.giantrobot.com/) art shows and rarely leaving un$cathed. Turned onto them from ‘that other board entity’ William Gibson, I’ve exhibited only the slightest restraint since Spring.
Rationale: They’re independent, and we loves them.
Yep. *that* fduncan. Board-crasher, right-coaster, fat-thumbed grammar nebish
[he/him/boomer]
BeeZee

Re: Pandemic Personalities

Post by BeeZee »

Happy to see you!
I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

Personality #2: Funkmaster .. <something. ‘Jack’ is a little too glib, and I’m not sure how you get there from ‘fduncan’ />
Identifying characteristics: Proud owner of two, yes two*, electric basses, amps, and a set of headphones so I can practice in the same room as the current (re)viewing of The Flash.
Rationale: Hubris. If Tina Weymouth & Gail Ann Dorsey can do it (actually play, like as gods), I can look and sound like an ass if I want to!

* one, admittedly, is because I researched a bit, looked online a bit, and bought a pretty crappy used Fender knock-off. The other is from the shop up the street, new, and ... I’m still a n00b. But now I know it ain’t the instrument’s fault.
[he/him/boomer]
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

BeeZee wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:59 pmHappy to see you!
Thanks, you too!
[he/him/boomer]
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

Personality #3: Summer lovelorn teenaged me
Identifying characteristics: Obsessing over my Summer love, specifically how I never got up the courage to kiss her, and dreaming up scenarios to address that
Rationale: What fucking rationale?!? I was awake in the wee hours a few weeks back, she appeared in my thoughts, and whoosh, all the emotions are right there. WTF, brain?
[he/him/boomer]
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

fduncan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:20 pm Personality #3: Summer lovelorn teenaged me
Identifying characteristics: Obsessing over my Summer love, specifically how I never got up the courage to kiss her, and dreaming up scenarios to address that
Rationale: What fucking rationale?!? I was awake in the wee hours a few weeks back, she appeared in my thoughts, and whoosh, all the emotions are right there. WTF, brain?
The beach, all to yourselves, sibilance of waves ...

or the porch, after a movie, or dinner ...

When you’re not ready, you’re not ready I guess, but man, getting ready took so long...
[he/him/boomer]
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

So last night, instead of the recurring beach montage of youth, I ran into her in hotel elevator, and I was trying to figure out whether the privacy of the elevator was worth pulling the stop button for, or if the inevitable ‘Is there a problem?’ interruption would make getting out on a neutral floor to have the conversation/make-up kiss was the way to go.
[he/him/boomer]
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

fduncan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:11 pm Personality #2: Funkmaster .. <something. ‘Jack’ is a little too glib, and I’m not sure how you get there from ‘fduncan’ />
Identifying characteristics: Proud owner of two, yes two*, electric basses, amps, and a set of headphones so I can practice in the same room as the current (re)viewing of The Flash.
Rationale: Hubris. If Tina Weymouth & Gail Ann Dorsey can do it (actually play, like as gods), I can look and sound like an ass if I want to!

* one, admittedly, is because I researched a bit, looked online a bit, and bought a pretty crappy used Fender knock-off. The other is from the shop up the street, new, and ... I’m still a n00b. But now I know it ain’t the instrument’s fault.
I don’t pick them up every day, what with no designated practice space, but I have made progress - I haven’t moved beyond the last lesson some six weeks ago (Billie Jean is a fingering tongue-twister!), but I’ve been practicing the intros for some Talking Heads & Bob Marley. Definitely not ready for prime time, but entertaining ... for me.
[he/him/boomer]