The Mandalorian (with SPOILERS?)

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Apathy

Re: The Mandalorian (with SPOILERS?)

Post by Apathy »

Jeepz wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:24 pm
Furious wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:47 pm
Apathy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:17 pm I don't even want to tell y'all the way I lost my shit in that season finale 😆
Who would have thought Jar-Jar Binks was still alive and turned Sith? Explains a lot.
I couldn't believe how wrinkle-y he was! I mean, the CGI was downright creepy. The effects of the Dark Side were NOT kind to him. And he wasn't any less annoying.
It's not possible for him to be less annoying

Even if that fan theory about Darth Binks is someday made canon, we will still be annoyed
after all, we only get the one life to defile
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

Jeepz wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:53 pm
Apathy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:17 pm I don't even want to tell y'all the way I lost my shit in that season finale 😆
It was NOT what I was expecting. I kept running through "it's Ahsoka" "No no, wait, one of the droids" "Or maybe one of the bounty hunters?"
It was the glove that gave it away for me. But I was texting a friend who was able to identify the X-Wing?! I was impressed lol
Furious

Post by Furious »

Apathy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:40 pm
It was NOT what I was expecting. I kept running through "it's Ahsoka" "No no, wait, one of the droids" "Or maybe one of the bounty hunters?"
It was the glove that gave it away for me. But I was texting a friend who was able to identify the X-Wing?! I was impressed lol
There was only one Jedi I knew that flew an X-Wing, so I was geeking out during the Darktrooper benihana.

That, and a few episodes earlier I kept saying out loud to everyone's annoyance "I KNOW THAT ARMOR!"
y u poek bear?
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

Furious wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:53 pm
Apathy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:40 pm

There was only one Jedi I knew that flew an X-Wing, so I was geeking out during the Darktrooper benihana.

That, and a few episodes earlier I kept saying out loud to everyone's annoyance "I KNOW THAT ARMOR!"
ANOTHER ONE

Man and I felt good about catching the glove 😆
Furious

Post by Furious »

Here's a real question:

At the end-end-end, was the male Twi'lek turning into a Hutt or was he just a girthy bastard?
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I need to re-watch both seasons of the Mandalorian, for funsies, but also because Dweller and TheBoy made Dev happy and got me into watching the animated Clone Wars. And I recently got through the Anikin meets God (ish) and his children, and it’s declared the Anikin is The Chosen One, but, like the selfish twat he is, buggers off. Oh, sorry, SPOILERS for a tv show that’s years old.

Anyway. At any point, did anyone call Grogu the “chosen one”? I think so? But I am a bear of little brain, and what with the everything going on, I get stuff mixed up.

It was just very disturbing when Dev reminded me of what happens to all the younglings a few years along in this timeline...
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Furious

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:49 pm
It was just very disturbing when Dev reminded me of what happens to all the younglings a few years along in this timeline...
Not completely sure of Grogu's growth rate, but he'd still be an infant/toddler during the time of the Disney movies, meaning that Luke either gave him up or he was hidden somewhere on Ahch-To. It would also explain why Ghost Yoda was still trolling Luke.
y u poek bear?
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

Furious wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:10 am Here's a real question:

At the end-end-end, was the male Twi'lek turning into a Hutt or was he just a girthy bastard?
I figured he was just fat and happy?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Jeepz wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:10 pm
Furious wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:10 am Here's a real question:

I figured he was just fat and happy?
Not for long. Heh.
y u poek bear?