What Are You Reading? Chapter 42

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Re: What Are You Reading? Chapter 42

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Never read it before, but have started The Count of Monte Cristo. Should be a narrative tide to carry me through winter.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Ophelia's Vengeance

Just finished S.A. Chakraborty's Daevabad trilogy. Wow, just wow. All the feels. Have the series in e-book, but am now planning to get them in hardcover too.
Furious

Post by Furious »

Finished the third (and final?) book of DCs Black Label Hellblazer: Rise and Fall. Ended a bit weak.

Immortal Hulk #43 has Disney crapping themselves because the jeweler Banner buys items from has a Jewish star in their window. I don't see any antisemitism here but Disney's editing the star out of reprints and digital copies. *shrugs* Future collector's item? The story is pretty much filler until the next big fight so this is the only interesting thing about #43, other then a psych profile of Hulk's alter ego Joe Fixit.
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I downloaded a sample of a book called The Sand Sea. Dunno where I saw a blurb about it. It’s a bit alternate history/universe, late 1800’s, so, colonialism, empires, trains, trade, there’s a prophecy, lots of pretty people.

It’s engaging enough, and it was not costly, so, this will do until the next WandaVision.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Maeve wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:42 am I downloaded a sample of a book called The Sand Sea. Dunno where I saw a blurb about it. It’s a bit alternate history/universe, late 1800’s, so, colonialism, empires, trains, trade, there’s a prophecy, lots of pretty people.

It’s engaging enough, and it was not costly, so, this will do until the next WandaVision.
I am about halfway through. It’s bogging down a bit, because there are several groups converging on the same place, so it’s all travel descriptions, blah blah blah.

Plus, my shoulder still hurts far too much to knit, and so I have nothing to do with my hands. I focus better if my hands are busy.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Started We Hunt the Flame and am really enjoying it thus far. Needed a little breather from Monte Cristo.
Furious

Post by Furious »

Go get comic books

or

Keep staring at stonk charts

:shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock:
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Furious wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:35 pm Go get comic books

or

Keep staring at stonk charts

:shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock:

I vote for comic books!
Furious

Post by Furious »

I comick boocked! Slim pickins this week, no Immortal Hulk, no The Green Lantern. I'm anxiously waiting for the DC-Heroes-that-are-technically-not-DC-Heroes-in-the-Marvel-Universe Heroes Reborn series coming out later this year.
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Furious wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Immortal Hulk #43 has Disney crapping themselves because the jeweler Banner buys items from has a Jewish star in their window. I don't see any antisemitism here but Disney's editing the star out of reprints and digital copies. *shrugs* Future collector's item? The story is pretty much filler until the next big fight so this is the only interesting thing about #43, other then a psych profile of Hulk's alter ego Joe Fixit.
Bought the reprint of Immortal Hulk #43 and yep, the offending religious symbol has been removed.

Whew! Now I can sleep soundly again!

Edit: also snatched #12 of The Green Lantern, Season Two. I hope they keep the Seasons going. I like this book more than Sporky likes pink lillies.
y u poek bear?