Train wreck imminent - my first Twitch

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Furious

Train wreck imminent - my first Twitch

Post by Furious »

So thanks to Epic Games and Xbox Game Pass I have roughly 670,000 games in my 'haven't played' queue.

To make things interesting (and so you can hear me scream like a girly-man), I've made the very bad decision to livestream these efforts on a Twitch channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/kaijubooboo

I've duct-taped together the audio equipment I used in my Masters program and tested out the Twitch streaming software a few minutes ago. Didn't suck! The won't be any video of my face (I'm not a heavily-endowed grrl so why would you want to see my face and torso anyway?) so plan to be fully immersed in seasickness as I whip the game camera around.

This weeks game will be Layers of Fear 2 -- never played it other then a few minutes of testing for Twitch. The playdate will be 8:30pm CST, Friday. 11/6. I'm doing a basic basic basic stream, no ads (i think) and no monetization. I have the 'mature content' flag up in case I drop an f-bomb or six.

This could be... awful. I suggest you record my cowardly behavior for future blackmail.

streaming crap 2020-11-03_0-11-00.png
streaming crap 2020-11-03_0-11-00.png (24.26 KiB) Viewed 6094 times

Everything is subject to change, but I'll post here if it does. :p
y u poek bear?
BeeZee

Re: Train wreck imminent - my first Twitch

Post by BeeZee »

I'mma going to tell Spawn, because I would have NO idea what you're doing.
He watches those Twitch game plays.
*returns to her Kindle*
I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!
Furious

Post by Furious »

Think of it like sitting on a couch watching me play a video game, except that the couch could have a million people heckling me.
y u poek bear?
BeeZee

Post by BeeZee »

Furious wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:24 pm Think of it like sitting on a couch watching me play a video game, except that the couch could have a million people heckling me.
Is that fun? Maybe that'd be fun. A Board TWITCH party! Some of you will even know this gaming stuff!
I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

A Board twitch party might be fun? I also do not Twitch.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

I twitch a little for Crit Role, but I can't watch other people play video games, alas. So sick 🀒🀒🀒
after all, we only get the one life to defile
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

I twitch for Fortnite, where some Salesforce devs do a fundraiser-based stream Thursday nights that I (and girl spawn) have enjoyed immensely since June..?
Yep. *that* fduncan. Board-crasher, right-coaster, fat-thumbed grammar nebish
[he/him/boomer]
Furious

Post by Furious »

BeeZee wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:28 am
Furious wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:24 pm Think of it like sitting on a couch watching me play a video game, except that the couch could have a million people heckling me.
Is that fun? Maybe that'd be fun. A Board TWITCH party! Some of you will even know this gaming stuff!
I know that you'll be able to chat with each other... no idea if I can sync viewer microphones on Twitch. You'd keep screaming BOO! at me anyways.
y u poek bear?
Artguychuck1

Post by Artguychuck1 »

Nawww, we'll keep the booze to ourselves πŸ˜€πŸ’–
But if you're going to be on twitch then I'll reinstall the app! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Artguychuck1

Post by Artguychuck1 »

Furious wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:12 am
I know that you'll be able to chat with each other... no idea if I can sync viewer microphones on Twitch. You'd keep screaming BOO! at me anyways.
Nawww, we'll keep the booze to ourselves πŸ˜€πŸ’–
But if you're going to be on twitch then I'll reinstall the app! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ