What are we watching?

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Re: What are we watching?

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

I'm getting ready to watch the last episode of The Good Place. *sobs*
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:14 pm I'm getting ready to watch the last episode of The Good Place. *sobs*

Oh. *hugs*

I had to watch it in bits. It was so beautiful though.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Maeve wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:10 pm
Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:14 pm I'm getting ready to watch the last episode of The Good Place. *sobs*

Oh. *hugs*

I had to watch it in bits. It was so beautiful though.
So beautiful and so very good. I'll have to do a re-watch maybe in the summer.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Furious

Post by Furious »

WanderVison SE1 EP7:

A baddie finally muahahaed and revealed themselves and the grand finale next week could still go a dozen different ways. Slightly drug out because it's taking FOREVER for someone to turn into a superhero!
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I like New Baddie! I like snarky dialogue and mischievousness. And the story is filling itself in enough that I can understand what’s going on, just by surfing the net to fill in details. I do hope it’s not too boring for someone who does the story arcs. Or worse yet, that they’ve got something very wrong.
St.CountZero

Post by St.CountZero »

Mostly-educational videos by mostly-silly British people on YouTube, from Tom Scott, The Tim Traveler, and Jay Foreman. And my daughter is rewatching Miles From Tomorrowland for the 7th time or so.
Furious

Post by Furious »

WanderVision S1 E8:
The exposition episode, drawing the lines between Marvel's comic, cinematic and X-men universes. Really wanted to see a glimpse of Michael Fassbender in Wanda's memories. Best part of the episode was after the credits.
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

WanderVision S1 E9 Finale

It had more loose ends than after a Chipotle E.coli outbreak, but gosh darn it
Dawsons_creek_crying_meme_400.jpg
Dawsons_creek_crying_meme_400.jpg (59.19 KiB) Viewed 3715 times
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I loved WandaVision! Last night I watched buffering still shots and occasionally Doctor Strange. I think I might watch The Muppet Show for a while tonight.
Furious

Post by Furious »

Raya and the Last Dragon
Rating of Fury: B-

You've seen this before, and it was better.

Technically not a Disney princess because she didn't break out into her song, Raya travels a southeast-asian-themed world to bring the Infinity Sto-, uh, Dragonball-, uh, magic gem fragments back together to save the world from a plague she and her frenemy accidentally unleashed. If you're a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra you will see so many similarities in those worlds and Disneys every time you see the frenemy you''ll shout AND THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED!

This is Disney, not Pixar, so the humor's a bit stale and side characters are cringey. The animation itself is show-off-your-home-theater-worthy with one exception: facial animations. Ever watch Boss Baby? Huge eyes and slightly off mouth sync? Same thing going on here. The dragons look like pastel-colored My Little Pony hybrids and I know one Boardee will be very excited about the inevitable toy lines *breaks 4th wall and glares at that Boardee*.

Some internet tough guy critic will twist the plot into current events; I won't go there. Raya's real sin is that it's recycled and bland. Kiddies may get bored until they start seeing the dragons, but then if you want your kids to see dragons, they should watch How to Train Your Dragon. Heck, even The Hobbit trilogy would be better.
y u poek bear?