What are we watching?

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Maeve

What are we watching?

Post by Maeve »

The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix.

I know almost nothing about chess. Long ago my cousin tried teaching me. I did manage a cutthroat move that was legal, but wouldn’t work against true, seasoned players. But it caught my cousin off guard, and then he had to study the move. He eventually adapted it.

I am learning nothing about chess from this, but it is utterly compelling.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Apathy

Re: What are we watching?

Post by Apathy »

Watched An American Werewolf in London, which I absolutely adore. Roomie was quivering with rage over the abrupt ending, and I laughed until it hurt
after all, we only get the one life to defile
Nel Gurgle

Post by Nel Gurgle »

Having a near six year old who stays up as late as we do does limit what we can watch. Currently we have a nightly diet of the Big Fib (kids show about guessing which adult is lying at being a professional something) Brain Games (trippy optical and sensory illusion stuff) Nat Geo Chimps drama thing, Good Place seems to hold his interest lately. And last night we saw the 1st episode of season 2 of Mandalorian. The kid lurves him some Star Wars, so that's a welcome relief.

What I really want to watch is Lovecraft Country, Lucifer, and the new season of American Gods when it comes out...*Sigh* ... someday.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Nel Gurgle wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:25 pm Having a near six year old who stays up as late as we do does limit what we can watch. Currently we have a nightly diet of the Big Fib (kids show about guessing which adult is lying at being a professional something) Brain Games (trippy optical and sensory illusion stuff) Nat Geo Chimps drama thing, Good Place seems to hold his interest lately. And last night we saw the 1st episode of season 2 of Mandalorian. The kid lurves him some Star Wars, so that's a welcome relief.

What I really want to watch is Lovecraft Country, Lucifer, and the new season of American Gods when it comes out...*Sigh* ... someday.

Oh, I’m so sorry! One of the weirdest quirks my kid had was just putting himself to bed whenever the sun set. Even as a toddler. He would wander out with blankie and a book and declare he was going to bed. As he got older he would still do that, but he would go read in his room or play games. He’s a strange child, and I loves him. :)
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Jenalou

Post by Jenalou »

Hocus Pocus

Will also watch Nightmare Before Christmas at some point today.

But on non-Halloween days I'm introducing the kids to West Wing and I'm sure we'll watch the new season of Mandalorian soon.
~Danger OctoKitty
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

Tonight is Practical Magic with Roomie and Furball because we love the cheesy 90s goodness (not Furball, she just likes to see how long she can guilt me into being her personal heating pad) ✨❤️✨
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Maeve wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:52 am The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix.

I know almost nothing about chess. Long ago my cousin tried teaching me. I did manage a cutthroat move that was legal, but wouldn’t work against true, seasoned players. But it caught my cousin off guard, and then he had to study the move. He eventually adapted it.

I am learning nothing about chess from this, but it is utterly compelling.
Queens Gambit was amazing. Chess stuff was legit (for the most part), but amazing and wonderful drama. D- and I loved it
-I.
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Apathy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:07 am Watched An American Werewolf in London, which I absolutely adore. Roomie was quivering with rage over the abrupt ending, and I laughed until it hurt
Classic.
-I.
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

wanderinginmn wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:16 am
Apathy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:07 am Watched An American Werewolf in London, which I absolutely adore. Roomie was quivering with rage over the abrupt ending, and I laughed until it hurt
Classic.
I haven't had a chance to watch it for a while, and... Yeah, it's aging better than me lol
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Nel Gurgle wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:25 pm Having a near six year old who stays up as late as we do does limit what we can watch. Currently we have a nightly diet of the Big Fib (kids show about guessing which adult is lying at being a professional something) Brain Games (trippy optical and sensory illusion stuff) Nat Geo Chimps drama thing, Good Place seems to hold his interest lately. And last night we saw the 1st episode of season 2 of Mandalorian. The kid lurves him some Star Wars, so that's a welcome relief.

*gigglesnort*

Play some Catan.

If you do good place, make him read the philosophy Chidi mentions in every episode.

PS it gets better when they hit 20ish....
-I.