What are we watching?

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Re: What are we watching?

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Years after everyone else has, finally watching The Crown.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Furious

Post by Furious »

Cox cable (heh... 'cox') is giving me Peacock (heh... 'pee-cock') for free so I'm binging Everyone Loves Raymond.

And NO I don't look or behave like the older brother SO DON'T BRING IT UP. :evil:

Edit: Sin of the Century -- Seinfeld isn't on Peacock :shock: :shock:
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Furious wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:47 am Cox cable (heh... 'cox') is giving me Peacock (heh... 'pee-cock') for free so I'm binging Everyone Loves Raymond.
Dear lord, why would you purposely inflict such pain upon yourself?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:28 pm
Furious wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:47 am Cox cable (heh... 'cox') is giving me Peacock (heh... 'pee-cock') for free so I'm binging Everyone Loves Raymond.
It's one of the few sitcoms I like! In fact I wonder if they're streaming Night Court... no MLP Friendship is Magic so you won't be interested :P
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Furious wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:13 am
Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:28 pm
It's one of the few sitcoms I like! In fact I wonder if they're streaming Night Court... no MLP Friendship is Magic so you won't be interested :P
MLP would be leap years ahead of Raymond.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Falcon and Winter Soldier was a good first ep. I caved and signed up for hbo max, so yes, we will be watching four hours of Zack Snyder batwank...

I vaguely remember the movie? DC is not my favourite, I quite enjoyed the Michael Keaton stuff, yonks ago, but then it got silly. I liked the Nolan stuff just fine. Snyder’s vision for these movies is tediously messianic (yegads I wanted to fling things at the screen during tornado suicide for jesus) and although I generally enjoy comic book movies, and I had a teenage son during all these flicks, by the time Batman vs Superman came out I just handed him the keys and made him go with friends.

But I went with him to Justice League. It was... OK? I was hoping for more Flash, I quite like that actor, but he seemed to... get ignored? Probably either the character or the actor wasn’t interesting to Joss. -rolls eyes-

And yes, I do love me some snarky dialogue, and Aquaman got a great deal of that, but the CGI is soooo dark, the story was all over and it was a big pile of meh.

Will this version be any better? I dunno, but I shall watch it and get it out of the way. Then I can catch up on the Godzilla movies, which at least know they are ridiculous and lean right in.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Furious

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:16 pm will be watching four hours of Zack Snyder batwank...
It's four hours? FOUR. I don't do anything for four hours :roll: I will see it but

four hours?

Have any of you done a LOTR Extended Edition marathon in the theater and after Fellowship you got up for a bathroom break and thought what the heck am I doing? four hours

And I'm going to have to double down since Sporky hates Everyone Loves Raymond and say that it's the most cutting poignant satire of the dysfunctional American family ever filmed. :P
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Well, I waited for Dev on Monday night, but he never came out to watch the batwank, so I started on His Dark Materials and it’s just splendid.

It’s been ages since I read the books, but this all seems like what I remember.

And I attempted to watch Cats. The songs are fine, but the sets and cgi costumes are just so many kinds of wrong. Why didn’t they do an animated thing? It would have been awesome.

The perspective of nearly everything is totally off. In the theatre, the set was sized to make it seem that you in the audience were cat-sized. And it worked on a gullible 16 year old. They wore leotards and flappy, furry coats, and starp on ears, and those people were far more feline.

This is OK is I don’t really watch it, but yegads I forgot how much of a pernicious earworm Jellicle Cats can be. Thank goodness for Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Furious

Post by Furious »

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier S1 E1

It has that same tedious grindy feel that underlies the boring parts of the Avengers movies. I'll eat my hat if it gets better, but you can skip this episode and get by with knowing F and WS are miserable and the Feds have recruited/developed a new Captain America.
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Maeve, I thought His Dark Materials was pretty good, especially this past season. I believe next season will be the third and final.