Bideo Games

Want to talk about some nifty piece of media that isn't Neil-related? This is the place to do it.
Furious

Re: Bideo Games

Post by Furious »

Here's the poop on the T-mobile 5G $50/mo unlimited interwebs: Rating of Fury: B- (doable, but not great)

It works fine for internet browsing, is okay for <500MB downloads and regular gaming that requires an online connection, meh for streaming/online gaming/video conferencing, and awful for GB-sized downloads or multiple devices using the router.

Right now there's a nasty windy storm going over Omaha and it the router lost its connection twice, taking up to two minutes to reboot/reconnect. If you were using this during a business Zoom meeting or online class, you'd be pissed.

I wouldn't try Twitch streaming a game over this
I wouldn't try Twitch streaming a game over this
PXL_20220322_232905405_copy_1008x567.jpg (59.37 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
it sped up and only took 15 minutes, but i used to get a d/l like this in less than a minute
it sped up and only took 15 minutes, but i used to get a d/l like this in less than a minute
PXL_20220323_004634379_copy_1008x567.jpg (77.93 KiB) Viewed 1629 times

Still, this is only $50/mo compared to the outrageous $330/mo Cox wanted to charge me. I'll try TMo for a full month and if the quality/speed stays at this level I'll keep it and totally get rid of Cox internet.
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

After multiple attempts over the years, I've finally got hooked on Fallout 4. Only took years of bug fixing, mods, and outright cheats to turn the game from a tedious slog to woo-hoo i'm firing a missile launcher at mutant dinosaurs!! don't do this indoors if you have an itchy trigger finger
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Furious wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:11 am Still, this is only $50/mo compared to the outrageous $330/mo Cox wanted to charge me. I'll try TMo for a full month and if the quality/speed stays at this level I'll keep it and totally get rid of Cox internet.
Cut the cord completely from Cox a few days ago and I'm getting weird text messages from them now, like something emotional was going on:

It's not you, it's me... wait-no... it is you
It's not you, it's me... wait-no... it is you
Screenshot_20220410-024718_copy_501x480.png (83.93 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Imagine the bowel-sinking horror I recently felt when I thought that my mega-cheap easy-peasy $50 T-mobile 5G interwebs WASN'T AVAILABLE AT MY NEW PLACE :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

AAAAAAA-oh wait they put the dot in the lake i'm good
AAAAAAA-oh wait they put the dot in the lake i'm good
Screenshot 2022-05-06 3.48.08 PM.png (183.4 KiB) Viewed 747 times
:roll:
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

I tried to play Soma last night... amazing plot with awful gameplay. I mean, have you ever played an Amnesia game? Zero fighting and defense skills all in Nauseavision? It's that with sort of a Bioshocky theme.

I literally can't play it without getting dizzy, even with a few things toned down. Maybe they'll make a movie out of it someday (with a less whiny protagonist) so i can enjoy the story. 😐
y u poek bear?