What are you drinking? (and why?)

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Crow Girl

Re: What are you drinking? (and why?)

Post by Crow Girl »

Hay Maker’s Sauvignon Blanc (NZ 2018). This is one of my go-to’s for Sauvignon Blanc. It has a bright, crisp finish with just a bit of grassy to balance the fruity. It’s a nice pairing for Thanksgiving since it balances some of the richer dishes. It’s so hot down here and the Hay Maker is a nice, fresh, all-day sipper for a long day of cooking.
- Lisa / CrowGirl
smalltown

Post by smalltown »

I managed to drink an entire bottle of sangiovese from Barrister Winery while cooking on Thanksgiving. It was unnecessary, but delicious.
duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS
Furious

Post by Furious »

Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice latte

(it's not that good)

*adds a spoonful of Nestle Quik*
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Tea, because the half n half went off and the coffee roasting place was closed on Tuesday and I didn’t make it out of the house yesterday.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Chamomile tea, because it is so needed right now.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Picked up a couple bottles of Corliss 2008 Cab during a sale at work about a moth ago for a song (clearance plus by one get one half off, plus discount, was still a bit pricey ($90 for the pair.))

I was doubtful. Columbia Valley AVA vs the Red Mountain AVA they claim in marketing.

(aside: Eastern Washington has amazing wines, but a definite personality disorder in how everything fits together. A very weird mix of growers that sell grapes and ship them to wineries around Seattle for vinification vs mega corp wineries (Cte San Michelle) vs family owned and operated wineries (seriously good wine) vs super exclusive-they have a waiting list to get on their mailing list wineries (that actually grow grapes across the border in Oregon [Cayuse].)

Back to the Corliss, I was met with a glass of deep garnet wine still bordering on purple. For a 12 year old wine, i was not expecting such dark color. The nose at first was dark cherry that developed into a complex bit of black fruit with every trait of eucalyptus meets cigar box (tobacco meets cedar in every good way without ash) with a full body of balanced lush fruit with lovely toasted undertones meets a velvety finish of balanced acidity and tannin. Damn.

I am going to put the second bottle down for another 5-8 years and see how it goes.
-I.
JBack50

Post by JBack50 »

Hey there, I'm drinking a Cabernet Sauvignon at the moment. It's quite fruity and a little 'dangerous' and cheeky. Sadly I've not been able to brew my own vino this year due to changing allotments.

Amongst other authors, I find Neil Gaiman to be quirky, adventurous and unique in his subject matters and totally interestingly absorptive in his texts. I just can't seem to put his books down.

I'm so pleased I found this site. I'm a newbie to the site but not to Neil's writings.
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

Coffee. Trader Joe’s Bay Blend, French press, black. Because Monday.

Served with a side of steel cut.
Yep. *that* fduncan. Board-crasher, right-coaster, fat-thumbed grammar nebish
[he/him/boomer]
smalltown

Post by smalltown »

JBack50 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:36 pm I'm so pleased I found this site. I'm a newbie to the site but not to Neil's writings.
Hello! Come introduce yourself in the shift thread. :mrgreen:
duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

A local restaurant just did a fb post about new winter cocktails, one if them had amaretto and lime and a bunch of other superfluous ingredients, but nothing would do until I bought some amaretto and poured some lime juice in it. It was delicious.
Weirdy American Tart Thing