What are you drinking? (and why?)

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Jeepz

Re: What are you drinking? (and why?)

Post by Jeepz »

I just bought some el Dorado 8, dark spiced rum. Really enjoying it, sipping, in my coffee, in my homemade hot chocolate. It's good stuff.
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

I should not make putting rum into my coffee a habit. I'm telling myself that it's just because it's the holiday week and no one else is around to know/care, but damn it's so good.
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

Jeepz wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:18 pm I should not make putting rum into my coffee a habit. I'm telling myself that it's just because it's the holiday week and no one else is around to know/care, but damn it's so good.
We won't tell. But now I also wanna try it in my homemade hot chocolate
after all, we only get the one life to defile
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Mmm hot cocoa. I've been on a hot cocoa kick for the past week or so.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
St.CountZero

Post by St.CountZero »

wanderinginmn wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:58 am So do you know about Crianza vs Reserva vs Gran Reserva? (actual legal terms that help define what is in the bottle)

Or would you like to (I am itching to do an infodump)?

They differ a bit by region, like the name for Tempranillo (Tinta de Toro, Tinta del Pais, etc), but do help when buying some wine from those region
again late response, but yes, please go ahead. The more information the better, I just have never bothered to go look for it myself.
St.CountZero

Post by St.CountZero »

Also, Chartreuse Verte because I'm fancy like that and I just finished my bottle of Fernet Menta the other day.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Water, because it's hydrating.
St.CountZero

Post by St.CountZero »

Früh Kölsch. Pretty solid.
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:13 pm Mmm hot cocoa. I've been on a hot cocoa kick for the past week or so.
I've been making my own for the past year or so - equal parts dark (~90% cocoa) chocolate finely ground, full fat cocoa powder from Penzey's, and monk fruit. I use a sifter to sift it all together, and store it in a large mason jar. Doing 100g-100g-100g of the ingredients (which is basically starting with a full chocolate bar) fills the jar. Not all dark chocolate is created equal, so you need to play a bit with the proportions sometimes. Good stuff, rich, and vastly less in sugar than store bought hot chocolate.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Jeepz wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:35 pm
Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:13 pm Mmm hot cocoa. I've been on a hot cocoa kick for the past week or so.
I've been making my own for the past year or so - equal parts dark (~90% cocoa) chocolate finely ground, full fat cocoa powder from Penzey's, and monk fruit. I use a sifter to sift it all together, and store it in a large mason jar. Doing 100g-100g-100g of the ingredients (which is basically starting with a full chocolate bar) fills the jar. Not all dark chocolate is created equal, so you need to play a bit with the proportions sometimes. Good stuff, rich, and vastly less in sugar than store bought hot chocolate.
Hmmm. I have some fantastic unsweetened French coco that could be played with in the future. Currently going through coco that was gifted and some purchased from Lagusta's Luscious.