Remembering How To Shift

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Re: Remembering How To Shift

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Drinking lots of water in the days leading up to and the day of No. 2, plus doing arm exercises before/afterward help to lessen the aftereffects somewhat.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Royko

Post by Royko »

My shot #2 is on Tuesday. They told Adrienne after shot #1 to drink water and keep moving her arm. They didn't tell me anything. I guess they wanted me to suffer. :D

Just for the record, I was never here.
What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?
Motley

Post by Motley »

Thanks for the advice. I'll try and remember!

"They're" always telling you to drink lots of water. I'd spend my life on the loo if I drank as much as I'm told.
" I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr
Royko

Post by Royko »

Motley wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:57 am Thanks for the advice. I'll try and remember!

"They're" always telling you to drink lots of water. I'd spend my life on the loo if I drank as much as I'm told.
I read a blog post or article once about "8 cups of water daily" by someone who dug into it, and there didn't seem to be any firm science behind that amount, it was just something that became "common wisdom" over time. But most people don't drink enough water (whatever that amount is) and a lot of people who go see the doctor are suffering from dehydration, so they recommending it. (Which makes sense, as long as you keep in mind there's no magic amount of water that you have to drink.)

My wife is a big believer in 8 cups of water, but if I drink that much, I will pee every half hour of the day, and I got stuff to do.
What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?
weeble

Post by weeble »

I...

I made an offer on a house and it was accepted.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I can always chicken out after the inspection, because I have an inspection and a financing contingency, right? RIGHT?!?!?

*runs screaming into the void*

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

!!!!!! Congrats weeble! That's fantastic. No more cold ass apartment, eh?
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Squee! New house! Congratulations!
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Giabow

Post by Giabow »

Yay!!!! *gives all the hugs*

weeble wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:24 pm I...

I can always chicken out after the inspection, because I have an inspection and a financing contingency, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Furious

Post by Furious »

Eggy: "Does it have peep holes in the ceiling in inappropriate places?"

Seller: "Mmmmmmmaybee?"

Eggy: *hands over a blank check*

Congrats!
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

May I suggest learning your breaker box? And where all the breakers go? My power blipped off this morning and the stove went wonky, flashed an error code while beeping loudly at the same time. Code disappeared when I poked some buttons, but the stovetop wouldn’t turn on.

I couldn’t reach the plug without moving the whole stove, so I figured the next best way to cut power would be the breaker.

Only... my dad built the place and the breakers aren’t labeled very well. My cousin and I spent a whole afternoon turning off breakers to see what went where, and he scribbled himself some notes. Great, right? I have that paper, but interpreting his notes and dad’s notes on labels that are 50 years old...

So, I just guessed and turned things off one at a time until I guessed my cousin’s notes a bit better and finally found the right breaker.

Stove works just fine now. And I need new labels!
Weirdy American Tart Thing