Remembering How To Shift

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Maeve

Re: Remembering How To Shift

Post by Maeve »

I can bake my own pies, thanks.

Pretty sure after reading some twitter threads that right now Neil Gaiman gives no fucks.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Furious

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:55 pm I can bake my own pies, thanks.

Pretty sure after reading some twitter threads that right now Neil Gaiman gives no fucks.
Waiit... Neil couldn't care less about me (to new people reading this months from now, that's the joke) or he's miffed about the Sandman production?
y u poek bear?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Furious wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:41 am
Maeve wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:55 pm I can bake my own pies, thanks.

Waiit... Neil couldn't care less about me (to new people reading this months from now, that's the joke) or he's miffed about the Sandman production?
I’m sure he adores you! And I’m equally sure he’s fine with the Sandman production, he’s just out of fucks to give to the rabid horde of pedantic mansplainers.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Ah, I've been off of Twitter for some time. I'm assuming the mansplainers are centered around the casting news?
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:24 pm Ah, I've been off of Twitter for some time. I'm assuming the mansplainers are centered around the casting news?
To be fair, there are more people that are absolutely stoked for this cast and can’t wait to see the end results. It’s just that the detractors are so very loud and rude.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Visited a friend’s cabin over the weekend, took up my little bluetooth speaker, along with lots of other things. Failed to put my speaker back in my bag. They don’t have cell service up there, so I didn’t want to drive up the next day unannounced, so I went and bought a cheapie one, on sale a target.

Once it plays music, it’s fine. However. Here’s a welcome greeting that you can’t turn off. It doesn’t stay connected to the last thing, so I have to go to my phone’s settings each time. And it MAXES THE VOLUME SO THE GORRAM THING IS SCREAMING AT YOU WHEN YOU TURN IT ON!

I left her a text, she saw it yesterday and said she’d look for it and we could meet somewhere tomorrow when they head home.

Anyway. The thing I bought is an Altec Lansing, and I wish I had bought something ele.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Brood X was a bit quiet over the weekend with the cooler, rainy weather, but their cacophonous chorus has risen again and is serenading the day.
Furious

Post by Furious »

Maeve wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 pm
Ophelia's Vengeance wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:24 pm Ah, I've been off of Twitter for some time. I'm assuming the mansplainers are centered around the casting news?
To be fair, there are more people that are absolutely stoked for this cast and can’t wait to see the end results. It’s just that the detractors are so very loud and rude.
I just want it NOT TO SUCK. After watching Army of the Dead, I'm not so sure Netflix knows how to handle a fantasy/superhero IP *koff PunisherandDaredevilwereawful koff*
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

I'm hopeful it will turn out better than American Gods. *pours one out*
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

My goodness, but Mr Neil is having a splendid time stomping trolls on twitter. And everyone else is gleefully joining in, and it’s just the old days when we used to okay with the trolls.