#WFHLife

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Jeepz

#WFHLife

Post by Jeepz »

I was just on a zoom call with a coworker, his youngest comes into his office fussy and wants up. We're chatting, just getting into our meeting, when the kiddo wants down again. And shirt off. And pants of....ooooh poopy diaper! 🙂 #WFHLife

Share your WFH stories here - funny, sad, mundane, practical - whatever you got!
Furious

Re: #WFHLife

Post by Furious »

- get MS degree I worked 2-1/2 years for
-"coh-vid"
- nojobs
- so my career is now watching crypto and learning to Twitch :/
y u poek bear?
smalltown

Post by smalltown »

Furious wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:41 am - get MS degree I worked 2-1/2 years for
-"coh-vid"
- nojobs
What's your degree in?
duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS
Furious

Post by Furious »

smalltown wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:56 am
Furious wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:41 am - get MS degree I worked 2-1/2 years for
-"coh-vid"
- nojobs
What's your degree in?
MS in Project Management. I used the finance classes to help set me up until the job market returns (and I move to OK or TX).
y u poek bear?
wanderinginmn

Post by wanderinginmn »

Oh god, no. Do not move to OK or TX. That is a horrible idea.

I grew up in OK, and will never go back (aside from visiting my mom and leaving as soon as I can.)
-I.
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

I had a project in Tulsa and quite liked the three business trips I had there. Stayed downtown, ate at some good restaurants.
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

I get to sleep late and not have to take the metro into DC every day, I'm about it. I'm hoping they let us continue wfh if we ever make it to the after times, because this is just so much more cost- and time-efficient for me

Plus I'm currently working in my robe, and that's priceless
after all, we only get the one life to defile
Jeepz

Post by Jeepz »

I was just talking the other day about some decision making we're going to have to do at the firm to figure out WFH once things get sorted. I can imagine some of our young staff, who have relocated to family/friends to save on rent, asking to continue to work remote. And obviously we're making it work (for the most part) but I can also see a benefit to having everyone back in the office for better/easier collaboration. And then to figure out some hybrid approach, and policies, and such. It's going to be an interesting transition.
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

I'm hoping for at least a hybrid approach to become more common. Not everybody works best from the same place, so give people choices. And then maybe designate particular days for getting everybody in one place so you don't feel disconnected and cut off
after all, we only get the one life to defile