What's in the Belly of the Board?

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
Cavenagh

What's in the Belly of the Board?

Post by Cavenagh »

The place to display foods that you are ingesting! Or foods you wish to ingest. Or whatever. It's the food thread.

Dinner.

Pork Loin with Cauliflower Puree, Cauliflower Florets and Prunes.

Last edited by Cavenagh on Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tree bad fire pretty
wanderinginmn

Re: What's in the Belly of the Board?

Post by wanderinginmn »

Did you do anything to the prunes? They seem a bit saucy compared to what we see here.

Nice touch with the roasted cauliflower. I would also suggest an addition of sauteed onions about 7 minutes to the point of caramelization.

What is that action figure? Cobra (spoken as a USAian.)
-I.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I thought I was a decent cook until I saw Cav’s insta. I’m not worthy, but I’d wash his dishes! He always manages to make food that I normally wouldn’t like (not a vegetable fan) and make me want to eat it.

Lockdown helped me make better sourdough, mostly because everyone else was posting about it, so I was able to find recipes and timetables that work best for me, and that I need a proofing box for sourdough. And I should get banneton. And my scoring still sucks. But the morning toast is lovely and chewy, the grilled cheese sammiches are happily devoured, the sourdough pizza is a welcome addition. I like to bake bread. :)
Weirdy American Tart Thing
smalltown

Post by smalltown »

Definitely get a banneton, Maeve! I spritz mine with water and dust it with rice flour and the dough pops out smoothly every time. I really need to get some rectangular ones so I can make loaves instead of boules and have sandwiches.
duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS
Cavenagh

Post by Cavenagh »

wanderinginmn wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:56 am Did you do anything to the prunes? They seem a bit saucy compared to what we see here.

Nice touch with the roasted cauliflower. I would also suggest an addition of sauteed onions about 7 minutes to the point of caramelization.

What is that action figure? Cobra (spoken as a USAian.)
In reverse, action figure is Rose from sequel trilogy. Onions, there were onions in the puree (which perhaps was more of a soubise), along with garlic,m the whole shebang being cooked in milk and star anise. Prunes were soaked in hot water. I'd have preferred earl grey tea or armmagnac (or calvados). But we didn't have the former and apparently giving five year olds brandy is frowned upon. Possibly because you can't often tell the difference between a five year old and a drunk, so it's best not to make it worse.
Maeve wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:42 pm I thought I was a decent cook until I saw Cav’s insta. I’m not worthy, but I’d wash his dishes! He always manages to make food that I normally wouldn’t like (not a vegetable fan) and make me want to eat it.
Aww. Thank you.
tree bad fire pretty
Apathy

Post by Apathy »

First roomie starts talking fried chicken. Then the guy downstairs heats up frozen pizza. I'm trying to ignore both cravings, but it's not going well
after all, we only get the one life to defile
Crow Girl

Post by Crow Girl »

I made chicken with leeks and mushrooms (oyster and shiitake) in a white wine reduction. I fell a little short of what I wanted, and I think next time I might add some capers and use a slightly drier wine.
- Lisa / CrowGirl
BeeZee

Post by BeeZee »

Cav's stuff always looks so beautiful. I haven't done anything fancy in months and I don't have my work kitchens to play in. :(

But I'm trying to stock things up (especially since Spawn packs a meal to take to work) so today I made chili and also a gallon of chicken stock (because it's so useful) and tonight yet I may try my friend's "Aunt Jamie's best banana bread in the WORLD".
Maybe next week try Aitapata's Best Banana Bread and compare.
That way I can move out some of the frozen bananas I've got and give myself a little more freezer space.
Also, I need a freezer. Apartment size refrigerator/freezer does not do the trick at all, especially when I'm buying stuff directly from the farmers.

I'll learn the taking pictures of the food part. I will.
Really
I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Tonight there will be pizza. I might even take a picture of it. Can we hotlink from our instagrams?
Weirdy American Tart Thing
smalltown

Post by smalltown »

So much candy. :oops:

We didn't do trick-or-treat this year, but so many family members have dropped off candy anyway that I think we have more than we would on any normal year.
duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS