What's in the Belly of the Board?

Talk, mix, mingle, have a good time. Just ... be kind.
JocelynZombie

Re: What's in the Belly of the Board?

Post by JocelynZombie »

I'm having chile rellenos for lunch.

And I love the idea of hasselback squash, I want to try that!
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

JocelynZombie wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:41 pm I'm having chile rellenos for lunch.

I have a hard time *not* getting Chile rellenos when we go out. I’ve not mastered them at home, though. I could just order some from Hatch, use them as templates (read ‘stuff my face and damn the naysayers!’)
Yep. *that* fduncan. Board-crasher, right-coaster, fat-thumbed grammar nebish
[he/him/boomer]
Cavenagh

Post by Cavenagh »

Avert your eyes lest yee convulse...

Spinach + Beetroot Greens & Beetroot Juice Raita + Turmeric Fried Flounder + Beetroot & Sweet Potato & Corn Fritter Pakora Type Things

tree bad fire pretty
BeeZee

Post by BeeZee »

Cavenagh wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 am Avert your eyes lest yee convulse...

Spinach + Beetroot Greens & Beetroot Juice Raita + Turmeric Fried Flounder + Beetroot & Sweet Potato & Corn Fritter Pakora Type Thing
No convulsing, but I AM hungry now.
I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!
JocelynZombie

Post by JocelynZombie »

Cav, that looks delicious!
fduncan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:56 pm
JocelynZombie wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:41 pm I'm having chile rellenos for lunch.

I have a hard time *not* getting Chile rellenos when we go out. I’ve not mastered them at home, though. I could just order some from Hatch, use them as templates (read ‘stuff my face and damn the naysayers!’)
I have to admit, Duncan, I did not make the rellenos, I have the same ordering habit that you do. Chris doesn't like Mexican food as a genre much, so I've found a drive-thru place near my work with amazing rellenos, beans and flour tortillas, and I end up going there waaaaay too often.
fduncan

Post by fduncan »

I gave the three households (Ian:Somerville, Adrian:Denver, us) tortilla presses last year, which are on the small side, but we did homemade tortillae(?) a few times. The best (still ugly) things we’ve made with the masa though are tamales - yummy, :)

Tonight was cupboard risotto: basmati rice, baby Bellas, spinach, sausage, and a bit of African spice from Penzeys, which has a shop just down the road.

I should have had a smoothie for lunch, but I finished off the last gf wrap with cheese & a different sort of sausage thing, and effectively slept through the coaching portion of today’s Serving Leader training. So.many.hours...
Yep. *that* fduncan. Board-crasher, right-coaster, fat-thumbed grammar nebish
[he/him/boomer]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I have considered buying a tortilla press, but I prefer making flour tortillas and I’m not convinced a press would do what I want. Although I have seen videos of the wooden lever style presses, and they do seem to squish the flour tortillas just fine.

I just do basic tacos though.
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Cavenagh

Post by Cavenagh »

I think I want a tortilla press. I know I want a duck press though.

Thanksgivened.

Taking it from the top....
Roast Onion + Hasselbacked Squash with Bacon + Sage + Squash Seed Crumb + Cranberry Apple Sauce + Trotter Gravy + Butter With Cabbage +In The Middle Carrot & Anise Puree under Slow Roast Pork Shoulder + Crackling.

Nel Gurgles family have a tradition of green jello. A grandma would always make green jello for gatherings and that jello has always been forgot, to languish in the fridge. I try to uphold the tradition by making a green jello thing that's edible.

Green Jello Splooge onna Lime Cheesecake onna Ginger / Chocolate Crumb.

No-one ate much of the jello.

Some traditions have ingrained inertia.
tree bad fire pretty
Crow Girl

Post by Crow Girl »

Thanksgiving leftovers empanadas!
- Lisa / CrowGirl
Furious

Post by Furious »

Sunday night is Taco Bell night, at least when I'm not going to the movies (how many times are they going to replay Elf?). :roll:
y u poek bear?