Tea Time for Neil

Tour dates, signing info, stories of that time you met him in a Panera, etc.
Royko

Tea Time for Neil

Post by Royko »

I don't know why, but "Wait, does Neil like tea?" popped into my head. I mean, it seemed like a thing he would like because he's a cozy sort of writer and tea is a cozy sort of drink, and he's English, although one doesn't want to presume. He could have been a coffee convert, for all I know. But I wondered.

I know I should have known this from reading his blog, but that was so long ago and I can't remember who put which kid to bed last night, so I had to look it up.

Things learned:

#1 Neil DOES in fact like tea. He is, in fact, a cozy sort of Englishy person.

#2 Neil's tea habits are described loosely in this blog post. The big takeaway is always pour boiling water over black tea leaves, and otherwise he sounds like a traditionalists when it comes to tea, but not a lot of specifics other than that.

#3 Neil has, from time to time, auctioned off tea with himself to benefit certain charities. You might end up paying close to $5000 for the privilege though. I don't know if I could handle the pressure of tea with Neil. I spill on myself when I'm just eating/drinking alone. I don't need to be a slob in front of a famous author.

#4 On one occasion, Tea With Neil turned into Not Tea WIth Neil But Maybe A DC Internship, which is a pretty awesome story. He's a pretty nice guy.

That's it. If you have anything to add about Neil and tea, and I'm sure you do because I know very little myself, I'd love to hear it.
What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Re: Tea Time for Neil

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

I remember some anecdote about him and his tea kettle and Amanda and her coffee pot, and those being essentials for each person.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Royko

Re: Tea Time for Neil

Post by Royko »

That sounds romantic!
What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?