I won a Sandman-related contest!

Here's where you go to talk about Neil Gaiman's, books, movies, TV shows, taxidermy, haberdashery, etc.
Llama's BIG BROTHER

I won a Sandman-related contest!

Post by Llama's BIG BROTHER »

Audible did a contest a couple months ago where you could submit your dream and if you were a winner, a DC Comics artist would draw it for you...This was in partnership with the NY Comic Con, to help celebrate either the Sandman audios, or the upcoming Neil Gaiman Reader, or both.

A month ago they sent me an email that I was a winner, and they posted this to instagram this morning: Drawn from the Dreaming

So...are the Sandman audios worth getting? I heard a little of the preview and it didn't make me rush out and get it immediately...
Kagan's Rule of First Contact: You will surprise you more than they will.
Ophelia's Vengeance

Re: I won a Sandman-related contest!

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

Congratulations on your win! I'm unable to offer advice on the audios. Heard good things about Sandman, aside from the voice of Death.
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
smalltown

Re: I won a Sandman-related contest!

Post by smalltown »

Llama's BIG BROTHER wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 pm So...are the Sandman audios worth getting?
I loved them! I did a 30-day trial from Audible to get it for free, but I would definitely pay money for the next installments. I thought the audio added a lot, and it was the closest I would expect to come to experiencing Sandman for the first time again. I will agree that the voice of Death is a little off-putting though.

That dream sketch you won is incredible! What a cool contest.
duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS