The Sandman Netflix series (Season 1)

Here's where you go to talk about Neil Gaiman's, books, movies, TV shows, taxidermy, haberdashery, etc.
Furious

Re: The Sandman Netflix series

Post by Furious »

Young Neil Gaiman: Mommmmmm I want Robert Patterson the twinkly vampire batman guy to star in my TV show!

Mommy Netflix: We have Robert Patterson at home.

Robert Patterson at home
Robert Patterson at home
FAJaYOjUcA0T2dR.jpg (137.91 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Just realized I better re-read the original Sandman series or OH LOOKY LOOKY A MEATHEAD MOD! yeahhh i don't want that.

Has to be at least a decade since I've read the whole thing. Might do some old Swamp Things and HellBlazer too

this is a TV show thread you flyover idiot

I wonder if they'll have DC cameos
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Post by Ophelia's Vengeance »

I need to re-read the first two trades as well. Maybe next week/weekend...
the band was altogether, yes he was alright, the song went on forever
Furious

Post by Furious »

Do you think Funko will make a new batch of figurines for the show? It would be easy profits: Endless, supporting characters, pets, Li'l Endless, Day of the Dead Endless, the 3,412th version of Batman...
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Maybe? Many moons before Funkos existed, I had the little Death doll for ages before passing it along to a friend.

Nearly through the first trade. What a ride and an age or two since I last delved into the series.
Furious

Post by Furious »

What would be better, having just this thread for everyone's reactions/reviews to of The Sandman, separate threads for each season, or individual threads for each episode?

Don't worry, whatever we decide on I'm not going to do any of my personal rating goofiness. I'll keep that to my containment threads.
y u poek bear?
Ophelia's Vengeance

Unless we get a large influx of folks, I think we'd be fine with have this be a non-spoilers thread and then creating a Season One, All Episode Discussion with spoilers thread.
Furious

Post by Furious »

can't wait!

2022-08-04_18-26-10.gif
2022-08-04_18-26-10.gif (45.74 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

S01 E01: Sleep of the Just

Not sure if I like Netflix dumping the first season on us all at once, but there it is. I think I may only watch an episode or two a day to let them sink in.

There's a lot of "oo... OOO!" cameo moments in the first few minutes of E01, and there's a few slight plot changes to smooth out the storyline, but they fit. There's one plot thingie that kind of irked me in the comic and I'll be interested to see if they amend it later in the show. I'll keep my mouth shut about it now.

There's going to be finger-pointing about the progressiveness of the show, but the story was progressive 30 years ago, so I can't see any author-didn't-intend-THAT-to-happen arguments occurring. Rational ones, anyway.
y u poek bear?
Furious

Post by Furious »

Oh, one more thing - - Dream speaks with a soft British accent and some bass vibration (I guess that's how speaking in black squiggly word balloons works :P). You may need to put the closed captioning on if you don't want to raise your TV volume too high.
y u poek bear?